Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Load Sharing or Load Shedding Why Can't you Use Formal English ?

I've always been fascinated by the term "Load Shedding" and I have never come to understand why our Government and Newspapers can't use the word, "No more Electricity".

Load Shedding
"Removal of pre-selected customer demand from a power system, as a result of the occurrence of an abnormal condition, in a effort to maintain the integrity of the system and minimize overall customer outages."

Define Load shedding
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&defl=en&q=define:Load+Shedding&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

So, they do use the proper words to name the problem. Will they ever fix it though ?
If I was a P.M. and I had a problem to solve the demands of electricity in my country and I had no solution to fix it for years and years and years and years, I would simply name it, "No More Electricity"

-- Read latest news here about Load Shedding
http://www.kantipuronline.com/kolnews.php?&nid=133827

No comments: